View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:39 AM
KyKaren1949

I wanted just one! I got a 1947 black one. I had really wanted a white one but couldn't find any for sale. Then, presto! I found a white on on the Shop Goodwill website and bought it. Well, then I went to a workshop where the instructor said, "How cool is it to own a FW born the same year you were!" <sigh> I started searching again. I found a 1949 black one on ebay and won the bid. I knew I was satisfied then. But......then, there was a 1951
Centennial on ebay late one night going for a good price. I thought that was pretty neat to see the 100th anniversary addition, so I bought it. I was so happy to have my little collection. I lusted over the 222 ones from a distance but knew I could never afford one....until my mother in law passed away and left me some money. Got the 222 from London, England. I do believe I am finished.....unless.....I find a tan one for a good price.
This being all said, I have to add that I sew on them all. I take one and then another to workshops where only straight sewing is required. I have all the attachments and am learning to use those as well. They have awesome power and never balk at a double seam. They're easy to use and maintain and besides...they're just too darned cute!