Thread: must have items
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 AM
AlienQuilter

And if you can afford it get the non slip rulers.

When I first started acquiring rulers I bought the 6" X 24" and there were many times I wished it was a 6 1/2" X 24 " ruler! Now most of them have that 1/2" added to it. Can't forget the seam allowance!

Also, a big, study tote bag to carry all your supplies in. I have been known to just use a laundry basket when there was a lot to carry to class.

A lot of people have two machines. A nice one with a big throat space and lots of stitches and a small one that is easy to carry to class. A lot of people here can tell you their favorites. Me, I have to lug my big heavy machine to class.

I'm in a habit that after the school year starts, I go to stores like Wal-Mart and Staples and buy the discounted school supplies. I especially like the see through school boxes. I think the most I have paid is $1 for the large size. Plenty big enough for scissors, pencils, markers, etc to be carried in. I buy the pencil boxes for my rotary cutters - sometimes only 25 cents each. Pencil sharpeners that have the big and little holes - great for sharpening the chalk pencils - 50 cents each. Notebooks for taking notes. I have even bought these for 10 cents each.

This forum is a great place to ask questions and get really good answers. I have learned a lot just by reading posts. Whenever anyone asks a question, you can just bet there are dozens more that would like to know the answer too!

Good luck and post often!