View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 AM
JanetRoberta

I am stuck with this nightmare, myself. I've had the "new" Bernina 830 for almost 2 years and hate it. I have to say "new" because Bernina named the machine after another machine called the 830, that should have told me right there not to buy a machine from people that stupid. Within the 1st year it had MAJOR surgery twice and it has never worked right. Not just one problem but every problem imaginable. Don't tell me it's the dealer, it's not the dealer, it's a Bernina! I should have known better than to buy one. It is a piece of junk. Every single error message imaginable, whether anything is wrong or not. It takes 3x as long to do anything because of it and there is no such thing as letting the machine stitch on it's own. I've already had to replace all the bobbins once and now the machine won't recognize them again and I need to replace these. It will only embroider out about an inch before I it stops and I have to cancel out an error message and hit the go button again. It comes down on it's own foot breaking needles, the tension is never right, you can only use the most expensive thread, you cannot use mono thread or you will have to take the machine into the dealer. This machine was not ready for market. The dealer has been very good but this machine is not portable and I need it every day, How often can I bring it in?