View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 PM
liont

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
Do you know anyone in the US that could receive your future orders from Connecting Threads and send them to you using a Flat-Rate-Box? The international charge is quite low compared to paying by the gram!!!!!!

You might even see if Connecting Threads could do the same.

HTH.
I know it is unimaginable. I had a hard time when I realized I do not have a mailbox here.
When we just arrived, we went apartment hunting. Looking around for the familiar mailboxes, I asked the agent, so where do we collect our mail? The agent gave me a strange look and told me that there is no mail service here. No mail delivery service.

They do have a rudimentary mail system. If you want to receive mail, you have to go to the post office to open a PO box. But things do get lost a lot. My husband has one of those PO boxes for his office. To illustrate how "efficient" the system is : I ordered 2 books from US, one reached me after 3 months, one never came. (We are only 2 hours by flight to Miami.)

So, even if someone were to send me a flat rate box to the PO box, I won't want to risk losing it in the system. I'd rather pay more and send it through the private mail forwarding service. I collect my packages at their office in the mall.

Sorry, I ranted too much. So sisters, do appreciate what you have in US. Don't ever take the mail service for granted