Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads - order in process

Connecting Threads - order in process

After hearing so many good things about Connecting Threads, I placed my first order with them. However, they seem rather slow. The order was placed on 10th, and the status as of now is still "in process".
    I am not sure if this is normal with them, or I'm the only one having problems?
    (I sent them a query yesterday, no replies yet.)

MTS
    Banned
    Glad you found a US address to ship to. ;-)

IIRC, my orders varied from a few days to 10 days.
    It could be after a new catalog gets mailed out they are mobbed with orders (Hancock's has the same issue).

I wouldn't worry.

My last order took about ten days and it was out of a new catalog. They are very good so I would not worry.

Blog Entries
    I've always gotten my orders in about a week, never a delay.
    Veronica

Ladies, when you say 10 days, it is 10 days to get to your doorstep, or 10 days just to give you a tracking number?

MTS, I have a street address in Miami. We have a mail forwarding contract and they charge by the gram
    Last edited by liont; 09-17-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liont View Post
    Ladies, when you say 10 days, it is 10 days to ship to your doorstep, or 10 days just to give you a tracking number?

MTS, I have a street address in Miami. We have a mail forwarding contract and they charge by the gram
    I think I would contact them, just for sanities sake. My order usually is 10 days to 2 weeks from date of placing....
    The mail forwarding is a lovely thing, but could be pricey with the weight of a large order.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    I think I would contact them, just for sanities sake. My order usually is 10 days to 2 weeks from date of placing....
    The mail forwarding is a lovely thing, but could be pricey with the weight of a large order.
    Yes, mail forwarding very pricey. Getting fabric online now is like "treats" for me.

I order my thread from Red Rock Threads. Have always been please with their service.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I have received orders from Connecting Threads in as little as five days. I would contact them because it may be your forwarding service that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    I have received orders from Connecting Threads in as little as five days. I would contact them because it may be your forwarding service that is the problem.
    No, it has not even reached my mail forwarding center. The status of the order is still "in process", that means it is not even shipped out yet. That is what worries me a little.

OK. I just skype-called Connecting Threads. The lady says they are shipping it out today. Hoooray!
    Thanks ya'll

I love Connecting Threads...I just wish they'd get some different fabrics such as cabbage roses etc. Or more like Kaffee Fassett....that they'd branch out even more than they have.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    When a new catalog comes out they are swamped. I order all the new fabric lines in the sampler bundle. This way I know which if any I want yardage of. I really like their batik line. It's gorgeous. The laminate cotton is the lowest price I've seen. Their flannel is the best. I order a lot of quilt kits from Connecting Threads. The fabric included is very generous. I usually order at least once a month from them. Something is always on sale.
    Got fabric?

I have ordered from them several times and am glad how little time it takes to get the order.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    There's a Table Topper I'm thinking about getting,it's on page 5.

Quote Originally Posted by liont View Post
    Ladies, when you say 10 days, it is 10 days to get to your doorstep, or 10 days just to give you a tracking number?

Do you know anyone in the US that could receive your future orders from Connecting Threads and send them to you using a Flat-Rate-Box? The international charge is quite low compared to paying by the gram!!!!!!

You might even see if Connecting Threads could do the same.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
    Do you know anyone in the US that could receive your future orders from Connecting Threads and send them to you using a Flat-Rate-Box? The international charge is quite low compared to paying by the gram!!!!!!

HTH.
    I know it is unimaginable. I had a hard time when I realized I do not have a mailbox here.
    When we just arrived, we went apartment hunting. Looking around for the familiar mailboxes, I asked the agent, so where do we collect our mail? The agent gave me a strange look and told me that there is no mail service here. No mail delivery service.

They do have a rudimentary mail system. If you want to receive mail, you have to go to the post office to open a PO box. But things do get lost a lot. My husband has one of those PO boxes for his office. To illustrate how "efficient" the system is : I ordered 2 books from US, one reached me after 3 months, one never came. (We are only 2 hours by flight to Miami.)

So, even if someone were to send me a flat rate box to the PO box, I won't want to risk losing it in the system. I'd rather pay more and send it through the private mail forwarding service. I collect my packages at their office in the mall.

Sorry, I ranted too much. So sisters, do appreciate what you have in US. Don't ever take the mail service for granted

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post

HTH.
    Connecting Threads does NOT ship outside of the US and Canada.
    You can use a foreign credit card to pay but it must be shipped to US/Canadian address.

For whatever reason, they've decided they don't want the hassle.
    They just started including Canada a couple/few years ago.
    Last edited by MTS; 09-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I placed and order and they say it shipped on 9/ 12 and I live outside of Portland Oregon. I have ordered from them before they say shipping takes 5-14 days . They are not supper fast but my order allways shows up within the time frame.
    ​Christine

I have ordered a couple of times from Connecting Threads - it seem I would get it about a week - I made my first order with Hancocks of Paducah - it took 12 days before they sent the order - I was surprised that such a big outfit doesn't have a system in place to get the orders out quick - I just received the fabric today and ordered it on 8/30 - I am glad I didn't pay for any kind of express shipping.

When I was in Alabama, fabric.com is always super duper fast. Expectedly so, because their warehouse is in Atlanta area.

Blog Entries
    I order all my thread from Connecting Threads. I love that Egyptian cotton. I get the Essential.! I get the sets. The first set was a set of the ecru thread, 1,200 yards - and the second was the Homestead. I like getting the sets cuz everything blends and I'll have that thread forever. I bought the ecru, I believe it was 12 spools two years ago and I have one on the machine and 9 in the drawer. And you can't beat the price! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I order my thread from Red Rock Threads. Have always been please with their service.
    Thanks Neesie for that thread. I've been looking for Finish Line bobbin thread & couldn't find it!

Connecting Thread had free shipping the other day so they may be a delay in processing so many orders. Great company to buy from.

I buy alot from Connecting Threads and always over 50 dollars for no shipping charges.
    I live in a rural area so it seems to take longer for orders. Placed one with Hancocks of Paducah and it is taking forever to get.

Hancocks of Paducah is one of the worst for me. I would never order from them if I was in a hurry. I usually just buy from their sales for stash enhancement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast