View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 PM
leakus

HI Gladys,
I am the Uruguayan that is following on your blog. Don't be hard on yourself. Your work is delicate and only you see the mistakes that don't exist.
As for quilting, I have been trying on every quilt top I finish, I do some lapquilts for charity and I try what my imagination drives. I usually look for inspiration in this forum, there are superb LA like "charisma" from who I try to learn.
Just the other day I received a promotion from the web Crafty where they said they had classes for $19.90 USD but what made me think in teh process of my learning "intent" is that the clas was about "negative spaces" what I interpreted as the "backgrounds"
I guess you can go that route. Eco quilting with the shapes you have on the top one sounds attractive, you should draw the lines at the begining. What I don't like about aplique quilts that are quilted is that nobody quilts on top of the applique forms and you end up with a rare looking quilt- of course my perception of the idea. Don't take me wrong, mine is all theoretical because I haven't figure out yet the mistery of quilting.

Keep up with the good work, you are an inspiration, if I go to Bs As to visit familiy, I might pay you a visit, I know you are far south but I would love to do it!

You will find the answer, just keep the quilts desplayed so you have them in your mind and something will come to you.
Let us see what you do.

Love
andrea