Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
I guess I am a bad stash builder..I just buy what I like when I want it...When there is a good sale, I buy even more..When I go to use some as focus fabric, I end up usually going out to buy the coordinating fabrics. Of course this leads to more stash!!
I don't think this this is a bad approach to stash building. I regret most of my "stash" purchases because they are still sitting there....I prefer to buy fabric for a specific project and then add some extra yardage in regard to the blenders chosen. I tend to quilt with similar colors and tones so at least I have a "stash" of them for future projects. I really can't imagine stocking up a stash for a stash-sake. Having said this..IF I see a focal fabric that I love, I buy a yard or two. It probably won't be available at a future date. I also collect novelty fabric in dog prints and route 66 for that future project yet TBD. I don't know, "building" a stash takes up a lot of room and frankly, there are always wonderful fabrics and designs coming on the market so why do we have to have a large stash??? I know that I will be hitting the stores all year long anyway.
sandy