Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Starting a stash... what would you include? >

Starting a stash... what would you include?

Starting a stash... what would you include?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM

I went to my local LQS today and the first bolts in the door were 14.99, brand new Kaufman. Cute, but sure makes me wonder how I will ever add to my stash. I am glad I have the stash I now have from years past because doesn't look like we will adding to one anytime soon.

I always look for sales though and will buy when I see something I like and know I will use.

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I don't think this this is a bad approach to stash building. I regret most of my "stash" purchases because they are still sitting there....I prefer to buy fabric for a specific project and then add some extra yardage in regard to the blenders chosen. I tend to quilt with similar colors and tones so at least I have a "stash" of them for future projects. I really can't imagine stocking up a stash for a stash-sake. Having said this..IF I see a focal fabric that I love, I buy a yard or two. It probably won't be available at a future date. I also collect novelty fabric in dog prints and route 66 for that future project yet TBD. I don't know, "building" a stash takes up a lot of room and frankly, there are always wonderful fabrics and designs coming on the market so why do we have to have a large stash??? I know that I will be hitting the stores all year long anyway.
sandy
Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Everything you can afford!!
A mix of solids, motteled that read solids, all different colors, batiks, florals, etc. Go to a quilt shop and choose some of everything (that you can afford).