View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 AM
ssnare

The reason I have a finished row is that I was in a row robin and I did not like the way it came out before, so I took it apart and decided to start over. LOL. The rows do not have to be finished and sent until Dec. 1, so don't sweat the part about being finished. Besides, I have already changed my mind once. I am doing 2 different ones. I think the city is a great theme. I do not know what a layer cake is. Isn't that 10 1/2" squares? I put my fabric in the bathroom sink and put hot water in to see if anything bleeds. I hand wash each piece that I am going to use. Others have put items in a mesh bag to wash. Pick what you want to use for each block and just wash that amount at a time. That is my opinion. Precuts are allowed.

The row that I have finished theme is florals in blue, cream, cranberry. I will be sending a sashing with this one. I still have to wash and make the sashings. I had pictures in the original thread of this one. Then the other row will be butterflies made from hankies. I have been collecting hankies and can send some along if people want me to. The part that I do not know, is how to embroider the head and antennae of the butterflies. I have not decided which group to do which row in yet.

What are the themes you all have picked, if you have picked a theme yet? I want us to show pictures as we progress. We will want to pick a name for our group. In the last row robin I was in, we sent a little notebook along for each of us to write in and put our name and address and any information we wanted to add about our thoughts when we were working on each quilt top. We also sent a large label that each one could sign , date and where we lived, so when the top came back home, we could put the label on the back. We can do that if we want to. This is our group and we will get to know each other and have fun together. I like to talk alot, so keep posting. If you have any questions, ask and we will try and help each other.