View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Sierra

Originally Posted by berrypatch View Post
I must add that I have given quilts to my grandchidren & when I asked him if it was keeping him warm, he said he "lost it" My daughter-in-law never uses anything I give them, homemade or bought, believe me, this hurts. What would you do ??;/
My former DIL never let the children use the quilts I made them and when I told her it was OK, even good, if they used them to death, she told me she saw no good reason to cut up perfectly good fabric and sew it back together again. Oh my.... After the divorce I asked my son to take the quilts to his place (they share custody) and, against the "rule" the new puppy got to 2 of them and chewed them up pretty badly. They were mailed to me, at my request, and someday I'll get around to fixing them. But the oldest girl told me recently that she has a vision in her head for a quilt and wants to know if I'll help her make it!!!!!!!! She still wants her other quilts back, fixed, but understands the problem (it was hers that got chewed and she knows she's the one who left the bedroom door open). I have other commitments right now, but maybe next summer we can make a quilt together!!!! All's well that ends well.