View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Barb M

Jane, i'm so sorry how you're feeling. I think i know how you are feeling. You gave a gift from your heart to your grandaughter, because you want to be remembered as a very special person in her life. I think we get to an age in life, me too, where we want to start creating memories that people will remember us by. We want to know that what we did here on earth was good and has a lasting memory. I do understand. My daughter is like that too, about gifts that we give to her daughter. What i have finally realized is, it's not about how they care for the quilt, or whatever the "item" may be. I told somebody i am scared to make a quilt for my daughter, because i'm scared she wont like it. So my friend told me, don't care if she likes it or not, or what she does with it. This is a lasting memory that you want to do, so just do it. Don't even worry bout if she likes it or throws it out is what my friend said. He told me, this is what i want to do, so just do it. He said my memory will be in the making and giving of the gift, not what happens to it after it's out of my hands. He told me to draw a line, after giving it to her, draw a line, smile, know i did my thing, and it's no longer mine after i've given it away. So he was trying to tell me, if i give something away, don't hang on to it, but keep the memory of what i did, and that i did what i wanted to do. So that is what i am going to do, she is getting a quilt, and i will do it my way. And if she likes it or not, i dont care, i need to do this for me, because it's important to me, see what i mean? You asked about BOM's. When i first came to the forum here, i started doing the blocks of the month. They are so quick and easy, no pressure, just one little block. And they are so much fun. You will love how everyone talks about their block, then puts up pictures, there is a lot of chitchat in the bom section, that is really fun and inspiring. I think you would really love that, and would be something just fun and simple for you to do. I havent been doing the bom's lately, only because i have too many projects i'm working on, but i really think you would love doing this. I'm so sorry how you're feeling, but know that you will feel better soon.