View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 PM
jclinganrey

Good evening, group!

So good to read all the posts! Yes, we are a darned good group, aren't we??? Now I understand, Sherry. (lightbulb went off w/ description & pics. Thanks!)

30's reproduction fabric is to that era as Civil War fabrics are to that era. Probably the most popular Designer/mfr is Judy Rothermel who designs 'Aunt Grace' for Marcus Bros. There are several others, but that is probably the most well known. Think of Depression era fabrics or feedsack fabrics. Does that help? I'm sure if you go to your LQS, they'll have a section of 30's fabrics.

'Leaders and Enders' are similar to the piece of fabric we put under the foot before and after sewing a line of stitching. The difference is, you're actually putting together pieces and parts of other blocks, i.e., HST's, 4-patches, etc. SSSoooo - -- you're getting much better 'milage' out of your thread; you eliminate long thread tails and a messy sewing area AND you're being more productive with your time. Look up Bonnie Hunter. She coined the phrase. I really like her style.

MaryLane - dither away! I was just 'ribbin' you. You'll get your creative juices going and come up with something brilliant, I'm sure.

I'll think about a name to suggest for our group. We have some good ideas so far. Right now, I'm 'brain dead' from work. Will think more tomorrow.

Good night - - - -

Jane