View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
How about reusable sleeves for hot cups? I took a cardboard sleeve from Starbucks as a template, added a little "flange" to make it a full circle and used fabric and batting pieces out of my scrap bins for the whole project. Put it together inside out, flipped it out-side-out and topstitched around the edges a few times. It was a last second birthday gift for my husband (who does electronic music) so I found a decorative stitch that looked sort of like a sound wave and added that across the middle. Then sewed the flange down to the other side to make it a circle. Took me maybe an hour? And only used scraps, so it's environmentally friendly on two levels! He uses it almost every day. Hardest part was closing it up into a circle at the end (last step) - had to really squeeze it in there. But it worked out ok. Not bad for a seat-of-the-pants project!

I don't have a tutorial, but here's the finished product. I'm thinking this would go well with a Starbucks gift card to a couple people on my christmas list this year.
I don't buy coffee out very often but that would be a great idea for someone who does.