View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I don't pay attention when the rules committee starts saying "All quilts should have....." or "you should never..."
I go by "MY QUILT - MY RULES"! I don't even use a color wheel. I look at what I am going to do, pick out the colors I am going to use and away I go! Haven't had a problem yet, have never done, NEVER, a quilt that I didn't love, regardless of whether I donated it, gave it as a gift or kept it for us. I do it the way I want to do it and that is when they turn out the best; your heart is in it, your soul put it together and I have done quilts, not black and white primarily (only because I am not keen on a black and white quilt), but people are and they make them beautiful. I can appreciate a black and white quilt because I know the quilter has her heart and soul in it! I ramble!!!!!!!!

You do what you feel in your heart and soul. Actually, I am cutting out squares right now to make the backing on a quilt - They are 5-1/2" square and I am doing them in pink, yellow, blue, green and violet - both dark and light. I separate the dark from the light, cut them out, put the dark in one bag, the light in another bag, shake the heck out of the bag, and pull a dark one from the bag, and a light one from the bag and proceed to sew them together. My mom taught me that! Turns out really neat!!!!!! Have done that a couple of times now and it is a great stash user-upper! Have a great day. Edie