Old 09-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Quercus Rubra

Red face Virtual Quilt Day

Howdy from a newbie!!! This is my 1st VQD here on QB. But my goals are simple for today as I stayed up well past 3 this morning. I was hand stitching the second crow down last night and was determined to finish that before I would concede to going to bed. I used a two stranded of black floss & blanket stitched around it. I gave it a quick pressing this am but still thinks it needs something to anchor it down. This will be a pillow for my son to go with a quilt that I'm making him for Christmas. These are also my 1st set of pictures here. For the most part they are going to be sneak peeks as I plan to use these as part of my blog hop enteries for next month. I'm in two different ones and these are the 1st ones I'm doing as a Participate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]364892[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]364894[/ATTACH]

This one below is a hint of one I making for my small quilts group and will most likely be my give away on for my Oct. 4th Blog Hop day. Oh crud lopped a corner.... oh well it will add to it's charm ... . This one needs the 3 B's done to it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]364901[/ATTACH]

This one also uses a monthly pattern from my small quilt group and again destined to be a give away for my Oct. 25th Blog Hop day. It came out a bit bigger than what was said, but oh well. . This one was made all small Bits & Scraps let over from the other scraps that I used on the quilt blocks below. This also just needs the 3B's done to it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]364904[/ATTACH]

This shows the 3 types of blocks that was made for this pattern. There are 49 of these littles buggers and today's goal is to get them into pretty rows. This is the quilt for my son for Christmas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]364905[/ATTACH]

So to clear it up the goals are as follows:

Layout & Row sew the 49 blocks for son's quilt.
Sew Rows into Top. Maybe think about border.
Sandwich the 2 Mini tops.
Figure out anchor on Crow pillow.
If time border & sandwich Son's quilt .... place in frame for hand tieing.
Continue to work on Friends' baby quilt, hand quilt another 6" of waves in the border.

Well it seems really lofty, but I have nothing else to do anyways.

Tricia
Attached Thumbnails cookies-mini-quilts-ravens-006.jpg   cookies-mini-quilts-ravens-008.jpg   cookies-mini-quilts-ravens-004.jpg   tulips-oct.-sneak-peeks-004.jpg   tulips-oct.-sneak-peeks-005.jpg