View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 AM
Stitch124

Default Update on Refinishing my Featherweight

Ok -- I finally got the new decals on and after realizing that the first can of clear coat was a dud...after 2 coats, I got a new can of clear coat and finished the painting/sanding/finishing. Not completely happy with the end result but this is my first repainting job so I'm content. Made a few mistakes and learned a lot...here are the pics. Now I'm putting the parts back on and hooking up the wiring and can't seem to get it right. When I plug in the machine, the motor runs and the hand wheel spins but the needle bar doesn't move. Also the lights and the on/off switch don't work. I found wiring diagrams posted by jijack so will look at that tonight. I think I may need to get new connectors for the wires. They are little round connectors and some of the wiring connections are only held on by one or two wires. I've enclosed pics if you can tell what I'm talking about maybe you can help me find out where I can get replacement wires.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03669.jpg   dsc03670.jpg   dsc03671.jpg   dsc03679.jpg   dsc03673.jpg  

dsc03681.jpg   dsc03711.jpg   dsc03712.jpg