Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
gardnergal970

Deer season was a very big thing at my house as a kid. That was before we had electricity so about 4:30 the keroscene lanteran would light the kitchen as Mom fixed my brothers a quick breakfast and send them off to the place they had scouted out so they could be there before that 30 minutes before sunrise when season startd. All of my brothers had their tags so it was always a contest to see who came in first with a deer. I never knew it was gamey tasting since that was our primary meat because the beef we raised went to the sale barn for a cash crop. I once thought I should keep up with them, got my gun permit and started the gun selection process. My brothers offered to let me try theirs and graciously set up a tin can on a fence post for me to shoot at. I followed all of their instructions as I confidently lifted the gun to my shoulder, sighted down the barrel, pulled the trigger and promptly sat on my keister! That was the end of my deer hunting! Ah, yes, Jeanie....memories. BTW, your blocks are gorgeous.