View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:02 AM
sewdarnbusy

A picture is worth a thousand words. What a great photo... and the quilt on their lap is wonderfu. Just looking at this photo fills my heart with gratitude. Can you imagine dressing up like that to go meet with your quilting group? The hair style alone takes too much time. I'm so grateful to be able to blow dry my hair in a few minutes and wear t-shirts, jeans and sneakers or flip flops. Our grandmas worked too hard. Do you know why they didn't smile? Cause the shutter speed on the camera was so slow... they had to hold perfectly still. I start blinking, just thinking about it. I don't see one pair of glasses. I couldn't sew without readers. We are so blessed to have the modern technology that we have today. A fancy sewing machine, rotary cutter, clover needle threader, straw needles, mini iron, quilting software, re-size copy machine, etc. I own a lot of my grandmothers sewing needles and tools. I only keep them for sentimental reasons.... they are pretty hard to work with. Big fat dull needles and pins that rust. Cardboard quilting templates and cumbersome thimbles in assorted sizes, cause none of them fit. An antique quilt is a treasure for so many reasons.