View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 PM
GGinMcKinney

I turned on quilting board tonight to write about scissors! I found this thread. Makes me feel better that I am not alone. My wonderful Mundial 5 1/2" scissors were on the ottoman with my knitting. Last night. I fell ill in the afternoon, couldn't cook dinner or eat. By 10 pm I was better, went to the den to discover the 37 yr old DD had used scissors for cutting photographs. I am here to tell you they are dull. Fabric pushes sideways and they do not cut sharply like they previously did. Scissors I provided her were in her room where she used them all day and others on kitchen desk. Mine were closer. Excuse: they weren't in your sewing room I know not to use those. DH hands in air I will never use your scissors. Solution: I am ordering another pair online. I did find them on sale on ebay at a great price. These are the breast cancer pink with soft touch. I am a survivor and these mean a lot to me. I will look for the luggage locks tomorrow as DH said they should be locked up if that special. I thought about it and you know, he keeps his tools locked in the garage so maybe he is on to something. Yes, I am still frustrated. I'll be better when the new scissors arrive!