Thread: must have items
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 AM
ocydroma

Update on my class:
Last Saturday I went to my first quilting class, Jelly Roll Race. It didn't start out well. I had ordered a machine and it got lost during shipping so my husband bought me a Brother SQ9050 quilting machine. I got it the day before class and played with it some. I get to class new machine in hand and immediately start having problems. It wasn't the machine, it was me. I had not played with it enough for the class. I was upset with myself and frankly embarrassed. Luckily the owner of the shop "Sewn With Luv in Newnan, GA, Katlynn set up one of her machines for me! Now I could get started. I think I did well for this being my first time. And for those of you who recommended taking a seam ripper, thank you sew much. I had sewn two strips on the wrong side. I thought that wasn't too bad out of 51 strips! I start my beginner quilting class Wednesday Oct 3! It's once a week for 4 hours and it's 4 weeks long. I am very excited!

Thanks to all who responded to my post, it was very helpful. I have decided to get a rolling machine bag and maybe a duffle bag to carry the rest of my stuff in when I go to classes. I really enjoy taking classes. Get to learn new things the correct way and get to meet new people.

I'm already hooked!