Thread: So Frustrated!!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider View Post
Are you threading with the needle up? Also try grabbing both bobbin and top threads when starting a seam.
Regardless of design - I've had the top thread pop out of the take up lever. In machine embroidery, the problem is often the opposite side. If you have a rat's nest underneath, the problem is usually on the top somewhere.

With the bobbin - check to make sure it's securely in there. The new Ambition is drop-in bobbin isn't it? Those who use drop-in bobbins might have more suggestions.
I've got vertical bobbins and they don't always catch on the spindle and pop out. There used to be a good click on the older Pfaffs, not so now.

The older Pfaffs had lousy thread cutters. A lot of times they will NOT pick up the bobbin thread correctly or at all. However, with a drop-in bobbin the thread cutter should have improved.
I have Pfaff's Creative Sensation - a top-loading bobbin. I haven't kept track of how many times I've had trouble with mare's nests on the bottom. I usually start over with BOTH needle and bobbin. Rethread needle, put bobbin in again. Never thought to rewind the bobbin - but I'll do that the next time I have a problem. This machine is SUPPOSED to have a new magical automatic tension-setter. I'm not convinced. Sadly, I bought it in Tucson, and I'm now in CT where the nearest Pfaff dealer is 45 minutes away. I thought I had all the tension problems fixed before my machine and I returned to CT in April, but it hasn't worked out that way.