View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Tashana

Default Quilting pilgrimage

My family and I went to Intercourse, PA yesterday. Thanks to all your tips I visited every single corner in that town. It was totally worth 3hour drive from Long Island. My head was spinning like a windmill. There are quilts everywhere and they were all gorgeous. I think this is going to be my regular thing from now on. Your beloved LQS is going to look very different after visiting this amazing place. I bought all my fabric in the Old Country Store and I was floored with their customer service. A lady, I think her name was Ingrid, was helping me for hours. I was buying Batiqs for a Bargello and her help was immense. 20 Batiqs and 3 hours later I hit the solids section and went nuts. I think I bought enough fabric that when stretched would go all the way to Alaska. My husband and kids went exploring on their on their own and left in my haven / heaven. This is a quilting Mecca! Afterwords we got lost on purpose in the countryside and it was like being lost in a beautiful painting. Laundry and quilts drying on the lines in front of the beautiful little houses with gorgeous gardens set against the green beauty of a farm. I think this is my inspiration for my next quilt. If you live in the tristate area or in PA or VA trust me this place is worth the drive. If you live elsewhere in the world definitely put this place on the list of things to see. There were people from all over the world there. And while my great helper Ingrid and I took over countrs to lay out all the 20 Batiqs people were stopping by, talking to us and suggesting different fabrics, inquiring about patterns. What an experience! Thank you all for your wonderful advice and suggestions. We have seen it all from the Edged Weaponry Museum, to yummy foods and exquisite quilts. But do me a favor, do not leave your camera on the kitchen counter at home like I did. Oh, and by the way, we think we finally found an area to retire in that suits us both. We still have some 15 years until then, but it is fun to dream.