View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Cathe

Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Cathe
I've had mine in Rubbermaid totes for about 15 years, and there is no damage. Of course, it's not sealed up tight, and I am always rummaging through them, so there is plenty of air circulation.

Rot would come from water or bugs or other outside factors rather than just "happening" in old fabric.
Ok, ok, confession time. I said it wouldn't grow to over one, but I've two large and one small Rubbermaid type bin already. My question is how do you keep it all straightened out Cathe? I too rummage constantly, and they're always in disarray. It could be worse I suppose, but doing double and triple ironing duty kinda sucks. Grrr... I wonder if they have king size walk in tubs? :lol:
A GENIUS!!! King-size walk-in tubs!!!! I want three of them! :lol:

Well, mine aren't very tidy, but they are sorted. And I do try to go through them periodically and slice any really small pieces into 1 1/2" or 2" strips (which go into their own tubs). When I have rummaged and am ready to put things back, I TRY to take the time and self-discipline to fold them instead of cramming them back into the tub. It helps if the tubs aren't too full, but they usually are. So often I do have to iron before I cut. I keep a spray bottle of water handy and I have a hot Rowenta iron, so it's not that big a deal most of the time.

I need to do serious stash reduction. I have the most indulgent husband in the world, but he is starting to look askance at the number of Rubbermaid totes in the attic. I have assured him that they are great insulation and help keep our heating bills down, but I don't think he's convinced.