Old 10-11-2009, 05:16 AM
barnbum

There are two Menonite shops I go in all the time. They don't have anything even $7--all under. In the other LQSs nothing is under $7 unless it's on sale.

One Mennonite shop is run by a wonderful woman who can help anyone with any color question. She's funny and I always stay longer to chat. She has a wall of flannels!!! And she just added on and now has rows of batiks! I have taken so many friends there who have spent $100s. I think Ada likes to see me coming. :wink: It's out in the middle of nowhere, so parking is never an issue. There's even a rack to tie your horse, if needed. :D

The other M shop doesn't have as much selection, but the price is even lower. They have a row of buy one yard get one free! They aren't as friendly, but they're not unfriendly, just business like. They speak to each other in German, so that's kind of weird, but they speak to me in perfect English.

IN the LQS where I had been getting my quilting done, the owner folllows everyone around like she thinks you'll steal something. She's breathes down your neck! I've heard many don't shop there because of that. The prices are so high too. She has pretty bags though. :wink: