Old 10-11-2009, 05:39 AM
JulieM

There are three shops that are within 30 minutes of where I live. The one that is the longest drive for me is the nicest, very friendly staff, a huge selection of fabric, lots of extra wide backing, not enough notions, but they carry the best of the best of thread and fabric. Price per yard is $9.50. On your birthday they offer a discount of half of your age, my discount was 27.5%, okay I am 55. Parking is easy.

The next closest shop is very nice prices are a little cheaper than the one above, nice selection of notions and threads. Parking is easy.

The third shop is the closest to me, about 12 miles has adequate parking, a nice selection of books and patterns (I do not buy many books or patterns). A nice selection of clearance fabric, but they do not discount all of the fabric in a particular design. They are an authorized Janome dealer, however they do not sell the 1600P line, which is the machine that I have. Lots of fabric displayed by color, which is not necessary for me.

All and all, I love these shops and will always shop one of these first. We do have a Joann's that is a half hour from my home, I know lots of people shop there, but I have to grit my teeth :roll: to go in there. The sales people are just plain rude. I do like their notions.

JulieM