Old 10-11-2009, 05:54 AM
mimisharon

My very favorite and mostly the only one I shop is the furthest away from me but worth the drive. She's wonderfully helpful and one of the ladies that works for her is a joy to be around and she and I have become good friends. The owner and I are dear dear friends, she's a fellow Blue Star Mom, she came to help me at the end of Roy's life and her presense made me calmer and more appreciate of the love we sahare, she's the most helpful to everyone that goes in the store and has the BEST fabrics. I became friends with her after ordering a walking foot and taking one of her classes in her old shop. It's the very best selection of really good fabrics and there's no mold or mildew smell.

There are two others between my house and her shop. Both are unfriendly, 'cheap' fabrics at higher prices, they are cluttered, smell moldy, and have no time to talk, work with you on fabrics or color choices because they are to busy being snooty.

When I visit other areas I try to make time to visit any quilt shop I can find, I know it's easy to order online, but I like touch, smell, and friendly people. Being the people person I used to be and hope to get back to being soon, that's important to me. Unfriendly "attitude" folks never get a dime of my business whether they have something I'd really like or not.