Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 AM
AtHomeSewing

My favorite shop is well over an hour's drive. There are MANY nice LQS closer to me, a lot closer. However what keeps me coming back is LOTS of fabrics and the biggest selection of batiks, and new ones always coming in.

The shop is well lit so that I can actually see the color of the fabrics, there is ample space to walk between the rows of fabric.

Important to me...there are a couple places to sit down scattered within the shop (ones that are not for selling sewing machines). I have a back injury and can not stand for more than about 10 minutes without a short stop to sit. Not many shops include a spot to sit for a moment. They also have a stool at the checkout counter for customers.

They offer a Birthday month discount. One time during your birthday month you can get 25% off all your fabric for the day.

Staff is ALWAYS friendly, and attitude counts for a lot and one of the reasons I don't shop closer to home.

The cutest shop, closest to me had a lady work there who was so totally rude to my husband and I that he was horrified, and every time I consider going to that shop I remember that incident and do not want to go. Sad, she was an employee and I don't even know if she is still there. I never mentioned it to the owner. I should have. It's been a couple years and I still never want to go there.

Originally Posted by Cathy M
16. When you come in for your fabric emergency, the clerks
don't comment on the fact you're wearing pajama bottoms
and your hair isn't brushed :) :) .
:D :D