View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 PM
LoisM

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. You’re such a warm, friendly group, it’s like sitting around a huge round table together and chatting.

My perfect day would start much the same as most of yours. I would wake up refreshed, enjoy a cup of coffee or juice while checking my email and Facebook to see what my extended family is up to. I would resist checking the quilting board as I know I would be sucked into thread after thread and it would be NOON before I knew it.

It would be a sunny yet cool morning and I would have the doors and windows open so I could listen to the birds signing their little hearts out because they, too, are relieved to finally have a break in the heat.

My heavy Janome would be magically carried from my craft room and set up - ready to go - full bobbins at the ready - on the dining room table. The room is flooded with natural light from the sliding glass door and side window which helps with my fading eyesight. My blocks are all cut and stacked in an orderly manner to the left of the machine. My design wall is on the wall behind me instead of in my guest room at the back of the house. My ironing board is set up to the right of me and, lastly, the phone doesn’t ring all day.

The only other thing I could wish for - and it’s a biggie - is a day free of back pain. It can sure take the fun out of things.