Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would be your perfect sewing day? >

What would be your perfect sewing day?

What would be your perfect sewing day?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:03 PM

My perfect sewing day(s) is coming at the end of this week. I'm going to quilt camp. There are generally around 70 quilters that attend. It starts Thursday at noon and lasts until Sunday at 3. No kids, no husbands, no chores, all meals are provided AND we can sew all day and night (if we want). I generally get to do this a couple of times year and just love it. Friends, food and sewing...........it doesn't get much better.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:09 PM

The absolutest mostest perfect sewing day would be one where the house fairies have made a visit in the night and my house sparkles (finally!); hubby at work, son at work, house guest at work; good food in frig and I actually remember to eat!, inside dogs don't need to pee or poop and don't steal my sewing chair or eat my fabric and outside dogs don't bark at everything that moves. Seams match up every time, I cut right, bobbins don't run out. Good ear candy on TV. Never-ending fresh coffee.

Now THAT would be a fun day! Oh how I wish I could afford to do that every day!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM

But my best sewing days are when my mom and I go to Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge every March. We rent a cabin up in the mountains for a week. We visit the show, a few wonderful quilt shops in the area, have some lunch, and by 2 or 3pm, we're back at the cabin sewing up a storm.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:40 PM

@nstitches4u, I'll be glad to share the fairies--if I ever find them, that is.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 PM

My perfect sewing day would be one with a project all cut out and ready to sew, a simple supper in the crock pot and an old movie or a book on tape to play. Sigh!!! It's been a long, busy summer and fall. I'm sure ready for one of those days.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 PM

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. You’re such a warm, friendly group, it’s like sitting around a huge round table together and chatting.

My perfect day would start much the same as most of yours. I would wake up refreshed, enjoy a cup of coffee or juice while checking my email and Facebook to see what my extended family is up to. I would resist checking the quilting board as I know I would be sucked into thread after thread and it would be NOON before I knew it.

It would be a sunny yet cool morning and I would have the doors and windows open so I could listen to the birds signing their little hearts out because they, too, are relieved to finally have a break in the heat.

My heavy Janome would be magically carried from my craft room and set up - ready to go - full bobbins at the ready - on the dining room table. The room is flooded with natural light from the sliding glass door and side window which helps with my fading eyesight. My blocks are all cut and stacked in an orderly manner to the left of the machine. My design wall is on the wall behind me instead of in my guest room at the back of the house. My ironing board is set up to the right of me and, lastly, the phone doesn’t ring all day.

The only other thing I could wish for - and it’s a biggie - is a day free of back pain. It can sure take the fun out of things.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 AM

Oh golly! How you all add to my list. Wake up rested.
No pain.
Coffee made.
Nowhere to go no chores to do.
Laura can come if she wants (sister) but may not hog the sewing machine.
Pieces fit together. Quilt goes together in one day.

Thanks everyone for all your ideas that I copied.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 AM

A day where I could sew and create without hurting after only a couple of hours. Would be fun again, like when I was in my 20's.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 AM

That would be the house to myself first of all. Then be able to just sew all day and finish up some things. Then learn and start something new.