Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would be your perfect sewing day? >

What would be your perfect sewing day?

What would be your perfect sewing day?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 AM

My perfect day starts with 2 or 3 eggs fried in butter with my cup of coffee and a banana. Then I spend way too much time on the Quilting Board. LOL I can sew for a few hours, but then I have to get outside if it's nice out, and dig dirt, pull weeds, mow lawn, shovel snow, etc. etc. The perfect day would also include a nap and a Sudoku. The wash machine works while I do. I don't have to rub the clothes on a scrub board. I can put the clothes away as I'm going to bed.
If DH has something good on Public TV, I'll bring my sewing machine into the living room and listen as I sew. (or cut.)

When do I sweep the floor? I did that last month!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:10 AM

My perfect quilting day is at the retreats I go to.

The first one is in the forest of Southern Oregon, we can quilt all night long if we want to, excellent food is served to us 3 times a day, NO CELL SERVICE, and wonderful friends to quilt with.

The second one is at Suttle Lake is the Deschutes National Forest. It has all the advantages of the first retreat except we have to cook our own meals. Not a bad thing.

I love getting away from home, because there is always something that needs my attention besides my quilting.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 AM

Well, Thank God I'm Up, Alive, My Familys All Good, Well, Happy, Blessed! Anything Else Is All Just Gravy!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 AM

Okay what I would add is having my favorite music playing on the disc player and my dogs content to lie there while I quilt.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM

House clean, plenty of food for hubby already prepared. Now to my sewing room where everything is totally organized, the quilt fairies have already cut my fabric into perfect pieces, a quilt already loaded and ready to fmq, other machines threaded and a project sitting nearby so I can move to another one if I get bored. Well, if I'm going to dream, I might as well dream big!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Perfect day: Organized enough that I put stuff in the crock pot the previous night for dinner, and DH is occupied elsewhere.
How often? Hasn't happened yet but it could.
PaperPrincess, you took my answer! lol
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
House clean, plenty of food for hubby already prepared. Now to my sewing room where everything is totally organized, the quilt fairies have already cut my fabric into perfect pieces, a quilt already loaded and ready to fmq, other machines threaded and a project sitting nearby so I can move to another one if I get bored. Well, if I'm going to dream, I might as well dream big!
When the quilt fairies finish organizing your sewing room, please send them my way. lol
Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM

I am hoping for this weekend to be the perfect day(s) for quilting. Dh is going camping from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Ds is working on Sat. I am bringing up my sewing machine and the ironing board from the basement and sewing all day. Hopefully there will be something good on tv to keep me company.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM

My perfect day would be to stay in my Pj's all day. Hubby would be gone for the whole day and night having the house to myself to mess up with fabric all over. LOL!! stay up all night and do as I please. sew cut, look thru quilt books and magazines and not have to answer to anyone. In fact sure would be nice to have a WHOLE week to myself. could get so much done. Believe me I love my hubby but after 42 years would love more me time. LOL!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

My perfect sewing day is one when I wake up motivated and inspired to stick with it and not get distracted.