Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would be your perfect sewing day? >

What would be your perfect sewing day?

What would be your perfect sewing day?

Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Swap Hosts

The perfect sewing day for me would be lots of time with projects that are for me and not for my customers. Add to that a bobbin that never runs out and I'd be in heaven!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Hmmm..never having to go back to work and could sew all day long .. LOL Did that when I had 5 weeks off due to plantar facititis. Enjoyed every minute of it .. stayed in shorts, propped the ol foot up and sewed to my heart's contentment.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 AM

Perfect day? I get to spend at least a few hours in my sewing room ... a bad day mending is still better than a good day anywhere else!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:18 AM

Since I am living alone, except for the 2 very large dogs, most every day is a perfect sewing day. I sew if I want when I want, and if I don't get the cleaning done, it will still be there tomorrow. I love it when the phone doesn't ring, and the dogs don't ask for too much attention. My sewing studio is in the basement, and the dogs won't go down those stairs, so they get lonesome and beg for me to come up to visit with them.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
Perfect day for me would be:
#1 I wake rested
#2 Wake to a clean house + laundry caught up
#3 Food magically appears when I need it
#4 Cool enough to have all the windows open (I do better sewing/quilting in such conditions)
#5 Enough fabric and batting that I don't have to go look for anything
#6 and what PaperPrincess said... have everyone else in the house occupied elsewhere!

How often does this happen? Rarely

**Hey, a person can dream..
HillCountryGal, sounds like you just named off a retreat. If I can't have a retreat, then a day that the family is out of town visiting family, the phone doesn't ring and the dog is wanting to be someplace besides my lap. My dog is a mama's boy. Thank heavens he is small.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 AM

My perfect day would be very similar to the others mentioned here!

Wake up early, rested, and coffee all ready. The house would be clean, the laundry caught up, and supper in the crockpot, or someone else assigned to cooking supper. Somehow our 7 kids would be perfectly entertained in other activities, the three year old wouldn't be getting into everything I set out, and there would be no distractions such as bickering between any of the siblings. Perhaps Dh would even take them all on a field trip or something.

I would probably quilt in my pj's too! Unless the mood struck to get dressed. Oh, I would have some nice background music on, coffee always at the ready, and some tuna fish made up for a nice lunch (I love tuna). I would get some of my UFO's out of the way, catch up on the BOM class I'm in online, and be able to get into the "quilting zone" and stay there for hours.

Yeah, I can dream, can't I?

Happy quilting to all!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:47 AM

No dust, bathroom cleaned, supper in the crock. LOL, thats why I love the retreat...coming up in Oct....yeah!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 AM

Perfect sewing day? Hmmm...this has me thinking. I know if the house were all cleaned, laundry caught up etc....would be to have the house to myself, and have the silence of the snow fall outside my sewing room window...
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 AM

This has been a lovely thread to read!! My quilty friend and I (both newly retired) have started having "work" days every 1-2 weeks... we meet at one or the other's home and put something in the crock-pot for when the hubs are ready for supper (we're all old friends)... Now that the weather has (finally) turned cooler and we've gotten (finally) a little rain (here in western Oklahoma we wait until fall for the lawn to green up), it seems all is well with the world... at least until I turn the tv on... sigh...
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 AM

Everyone has described so many perfect sewing days that I have to agree with all of them. I love my husband and family dearly but I'm always more productive when there is peace and quiet about me!! One of those places is when we are at the Lake and I can either do hand sewing or machine..depending on the weather!!!! Wishing everyone a wonderful sewing day!