Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
buslady

Prayers out to Shea! Sounds like she has been through a LOT!! Never heard of what she has, sounds terrible.
I'm thinking that if I get someone from southwest of me I will have the perfect "local" gift to send. The leaves are turning around here and the color is just brilliant!! LOL We are going north for the weekend and I think the color will be stupendous. At any rate, I know of 2 quilt shows in the area and I plan on getting to at least one of them!!
I don't remember getting a trick or treater at our house in the 30 years we lived there. DH was really excited that he could pass out candy this year, then I told him that the community's tradition was for everyone to bring their candy down to the club house and pass it out there. I wonder how "written in blood" that policy is?! My DGD has talked of nothing else except decorating my place. Says we are gonna have the scariest house ever!
K, I was reading your post and it reminded me of something that happened a Loooong time ago. My mom and I were headed to DH's grandparents house for my bridal shower, there was a little zoo down one of the back roads in our very rural area, and it was not uncommon to take that road, even though it was gravel. Anyway, we got just past the "zoo" and there was a monkey in the road. Sooooo, I stopped the car and opened the door. Don't ask me why. Anyway, the monkey jumped in. My mom jumped out, so did I. So here we are standing in the middle of the road with both car doors open and a monkey in the back seat. Well, we must have scarred that poor animal half silly, cause after he bit the flashcubes for my camera (remember those?), he jumped out and ran accross the field!!! We went back to find someone to report the escapee to, and when we returned found the monkey up the road playing catch with some kids in their front yard. Now, that's a MONKEY story!! And it is true. I think I'll pass on the monkey's, thank you.