View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
auntpiggylpn

I saw that ad also! Like others have said, there are no pictures. There isn't any information as to where the fabric came from and where it is being stored. I'm not sure they will get $2000 for it. I think they would have better luck having a sale and selling it for $3/yard!

I went to a "Quilters Estate Sale" last weekend. I know the back story of this woman as I have purchased some of her fabric thru a 3rd party. She had multiple serious health issues that were compounded by her alcoholism, chain smoking and hoarding. The family had gone on the internet and found the prices for each item new. They copied off the internet picture with the price and then marked their selling price about 10% lower than brand new price. There were rulers that had actual cigarette burns on them and they still wanted $7-10 for them. They had ziplock sandwich sized bags about 3/4 of the way full. They priced them at $25 - $100 per bag. Magazines were $3/each. Books were $10/each. There was a bag of thimbles, probably 4 of them. They priced them at $30. A lady wanted to buy them but wanted to barter. She was told "I looked them up on the internet so I know what they are worth. If I don't sell them at the sale, I will sell them on the internet". There was a used copy of the EQ's Dear Jane Software. They wanted $20 for it which I thought was reasonable but I wasn't willing to pay that. I asked $10. I was told "No, not today." I said okay and put the box back down on the table and started to walk away. They then said they would take $10. I'm sure that is the only bartering they did that day!!! I wonder how much of her stuff they actually sold that day! They could have at least taken the top layer of filth off the items before they tried to sell them for outragous prices!!

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 10-03-2012 at 04:05 PM.