View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:24 PM
romanojg

I bought a Vking Ruby a yr ago and I do use it. I made myself a promise when I got it that I would learn to use that part of the machine. I love it. It is so easy to learn, I was making things before I took my first class. I actually am doing more embroidery right now than quilting. Even though next weekend I'm using it to quilt my wall hanging. I can use any kind of thread and being on a tight budget I get what I can find on sale so its a wide mix of brands that I have. You learn how to be thrifty when buying supplies just like in quilting. I found that some of my stabilizer I can buy on the large rolls at Joann's and use a coupon; some I can get a Walmarts. When something needs two layers of stabilizer I hoop one and then using 505 I only put left over pieces on the first layer where the designs will go. This has saved me alot. Right now I'm making these cute little tic tac toe games with spiders on it for my DGS's first Halloween party. He'll give them out as gifts plus I'm making these hanging ghosts. I'm also making leaves for the fall time to put on a wreath mold for my front door, along with table runners, baby quilts, etc. It has really opened up a lot of new options for me. Mine has a lot of features along with large hoops (a must) I've never used my small hoops that most have. I'd rather use the large ones and then do more than one design at a time. Free designs are so easy to get on the internet as well. Make sure you get it where you can get good classes. I'm taking them along with software classes for it that I recently invested in. Check out the stores in your area and make sure they have good customer service and will be there if need be. It's a must.