Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
I love looking at everyones sewing machines. They are all so gorgeous. We are pretty lucky to be able to own more than one of these beauties. I sometimes wonder how a woman, back then, when these were new, could only choose one machine because they were all so pretty.

Here are a few of mine. These are the machines that are close by so that I could take pics of them.

This is a Singer 128~serial # 10886656~date-1892. This uses a vibrating shuttle rather for a bobbin. I am in the process of cleaning it so some of the pieces are off of it, right now. I bought this machine in a local thrift shop. I don't know what the decals are called but they sure are pretty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212695[/ATTACH]
Cabbagepatchkid, are you sure this machine is a 128? Can you measure the machine? Those decals are called Orange Blossom or Dogwood and they are very pretty, but your machine looks to me like a 127, which is a full sized machine. I have not seen that decal on a 28/128, but that's not to say it didn't exist! Also, what happened to the spoked hand wheel?

Nancy