Old 10-06-2012, 08:39 PM
SharonAnne

Sooooooo. I worked on the cowl today. Am up to about 10 inches and need to go 26. Nearly halfway there. I can only do this about an hour at a time because my eyes get blurry and useless - need to let them rest a couple of hours before I can begin again. As a fairly new crocheter I clutch the work way too close to my face, apparently, but cannot break the habit.

Hair color - I guess you can tell, I go au naturale and grey. It's not by choice - it's by doctor's orders. I am highly allergic to hair dye and my face and eyes swell up for over a week and I can barely breathe. And there's more, but it would gross you out so I'll stop with the graphic visuals. Doctor said NEVER do it again or I could die or get brain cancer, it's that bad. So, my greys are out there for the world to see. But there is a plus - it's inexpensive to not do anything and have to worry about roots, and a heck of a lot less messy. I can't even highlight or lowlight. Wigs are too uncomfortable and hot. Oh well, c'est le vie. It could be a lot worse.

Missus Fear - I love, love, love your pink cat!! She's adorable and the buttons are a great touch. I have the same fabric (because I love it) that you used for the ground she is sitting on, but have not figured out what to use it for. Your idea was perfect for it. Her adoptive SP is going to be a very lucky recipient.

Laquita - So happy Shea is home and doing better.

Ladybug 1938 - I'd be more than happy to remind you of the November deadline to signup. I have problems enough doing so myself. I think I'll put it on my calendar and remind myself to sign up and to send you a PM, too. I'll apologize ahead of time if I forget. Old people have a tendency to do that.

My SP for this month has posted on the October thread. She is a she. She lives in cold country. She will get the cowl either on time or late, but she will get it. I shopped today and got some other things she wanted but the "one" thing is way over the $10 limit. I'll try to find it elsewhere and not from Beverly's Fabrics. Other than that, I have the package done. Expect to mail by Thursday, but we know how I am when I say that - it'll probably be Friday. lol.