View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Snappy

I made a lap quilt for a very good friend who has ALS. Our quilt guild had just had a charity day and the project was lap quilts. Unfortunately I missed the day. When I realized how cold my friend was I knew I had to do something for her. I made it one Sunday afternoon and couriered it to her on the Tuesday. She loved it. I made it with a fleece backing to keep her warm and cuddly. Sadly she passed away a couple of months later. Her sister sent me note thanking me the quilt, saying it was the best gift anyone could have given her and she had it with her to the end. The day of her service a group of coworkers and I attended her service. Imagine my shock when they wheeled her coffin into the chapel and my quilt was draped on it. It was the most humbling, gratifying moment of my quilting days. Many times we make quilts and often wonder if the recepient really does appreciate what you have done.I will never forgot the moment and am so happy that I choose to make it for as she dearly loved it. And I will never forget my friend. RIP in peace Lorraine!