View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Prissnboot

I remember being hesitant before making my first pieced block. I had prelaundered all of my fabric leftover (like you) from the babydoll-clothes-making days, it was all organized, sorted by color, and nicely folded. I had printed from the internet dozens of block patterns, quilt patterns, hints and tips, and I remember sitting on the couch looking at my sewing area and basically having to kick my rear end in gear to GET UP and GET ON WITH IT ALREADY! I reminded myself that I didn't do all this stuff just to collect quilting stuff, I wanted to do it, so just do it. I made a 6" pieced heart block and practiced some FMQ on it at a later date - this is now my coaster for my sewing room. After I finished that first block, I thought "See, THIS is what you were afraid of?" It was no big deal. Read your directions in your pattern (toss a coin to choose which one to do first), then read them again. Post questions on this board whenever you feel the need for guidance - everyone here is very helpful and encouraging.

Most of all, enjoy the experience! And I love the name of your dog!