View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Caroline S

Default Kochs Adler Nahmachine Treadle

FYI, Nah translates as sew in German. I am hoping that someone will be able to provide some additional information regarding this sewing machine.

Somehow I always happen on the oddball sewing machines. Of course, I could not pass on this one. There is no room in my house or garage for another cabinet sewing machine so this one is boarding with my DD.

This sewing machine is a Kochs Adler treadle sewing machine made in Bielefeld, Germany. I am guessing that it was manufactured in the 1930s. It appears to be a clone of a Singer 128 with some modifications. This is the first treadle sewing machine I have found that has reverse stitching. The lever above the bobbin winder reverses the stitch direction. It did have the bobbin shuttle, but no bobbins. So, I pulled out some of my extra spindle bobbins and the fit perfectly. The last pic shows the shuttle case with the bobbin, It is sticking out in the picture but does drop completely in. Pictures are all before cleaning.

The cabinet is in fair shape and I will be posting pictures of it when DD gets her camera memory card back. That is another long story.

Both DD and I did a lot of Internet searching to see if we could find another example of this sewing machine without any luck. I even enlisted the aid of oldest son who lived in Germany for many years and speaks and reads fluent German. He struck out also.
Attached Thumbnails necchi-544-adler-treadle-009.jpg   necchi-544-adler-treadle-016.jpg   necchi-544-adler-treadle-024.jpg   necchi-544-adler-treadle-011.jpg   necchi-544-adler-treadle-020.jpg  

necchi-544-adler-treadle-027.jpg