Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Kochs Adler Nahmachine Treadle >

Kochs Adler Nahmachine Treadle

Kochs Adler Nahmachine Treadle

Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Default Oops, it's a 101.

I just checked the serial numbers. Mom's sphynx (sp?) is JA710194. a 28K from 1904. The other one I had mislabled as a feather weight is actually a Singer 101 from 1926. (AB095020) I have a really sad singer 66 (AC577585) from 1929. There's a 128 in a lovely wood case (AK974137) from 1952 that sews like a dream, then another odd one, AJ249442 in a more modern case that shows it's from 1949 and is a model 31. Not sure I have that right. The Koch Adler (97847) is a treadle machine, and I just got a cool treadle base, but it's obviously for some other machine. With one piece of wood altered, I'm quite certain I can retro fit it for the Adler.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Evelyngrj View Post
. The other one I had mislabled as a feather weight is actually a Singer 101 from 1926. (AB095020) The Koch Adler (97847) is a treadle machine, and I just got a cool treadle base, but it's obviously for some other machine. With one piece of wood altered, I'm quite certain I can retro fit it for the Adler.
I have a Singer 101, made in 1931. The 101 was the first Singer machine produce with the potted motor. Definitely a keeper.

I will ask DD to get me the serial number of my Koch-Adler. Perhaps I can get her to bring the machine and cabinet back to me as she has not done anything with it. I did take the head to my OSMG so he could figure out what needle it takes and he told me that it takes a 15X1.

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/serial-numbers/singer-aj-series-serial-numbers.html

Double check the serial number on the machine that you think is a model 31. According to the above link it is a model 66, another good machine.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:47 AM

Thank you Caroline. Can you tell I'm new at this vintage sewing machine addiction? I'm refining my likes and preferences. I got a treadle cabinet yesterday for $50 and had the girls in the garage with me cleaning it up. Imagine a 10, 7, and 5 year old slopping Old English scratch cover oil everywhere with tooth brushes and cotton balls! We got it looking presentable. Had to take a wire brush to the cast iron to get the layers of dust off. I'm hoping to get vintage machines up and running for each of the children. My youngest is on the extended toddler plan (has an extra chromosome so she gets to enjoy childhood a lot longer) so it isn't as pressing to get her one that works perfectly just yet, but the other two are itching to do crafts that are more complex. I don't want to unleash them on my more delicate modern machine with computerized stitching and button hole attachments etc. These vintage machines are PERFECT! Indestructable. Simple. And it will all go so well with my husband's latest dream car, a Model T touring :-). I've spent more on fabric for a quilt than I have on the 4 machines I now have that are mine (vs adopted to clean up for Mom). I love a hobby that puts us in touch with the values of yesteryear.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:18 AM

Evelyn, does your Adler look like mine? I visited the machine yesterday to get the serial number. There is one serial number, 1335254, on the bed behind the piller and another number, 613462, on the back slide plate. It is only a guess to when she was made but am just guessing that it was the 1920s or 1930s. There are no other marks or stamps underneath the bed.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM

I discovered that the treadle cabinet I had gotten is probably for a White. The gentleman who explained it to me said because of the offset treadle it was probably a White. I didn't see the picture of your Adler. By the way, I was just down in that area visiting my Mom. One of these days I would love to meet you!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:33 PM

I discovered that the treadle cabinet I had gotten is probably for a White. The gentleman who explained it to me said because of the offset treadle it was probably a White. I didn't see the picture of your Adler. By the way, I was just down in that area visiting my Mom. One of these days I would love to meet you!!!
Anytime Evelyn. You can visit my herd/hoard of sewing machines too. The girls love visitors! Just send me a PM next time you are down this way.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM

Anytime Evelyn. You can visit my herd/hoard of sewing machines too. The girls love visitors! Just send me a PM next time you are down this way. It will be a good excuse to drag the Adler of of my DD's hands.