View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Evelyngrj

Thank you Caroline. Can you tell I'm new at this vintage sewing machine addiction? I'm refining my likes and preferences. I got a treadle cabinet yesterday for $50 and had the girls in the garage with me cleaning it up. Imagine a 10, 7, and 5 year old slopping Old English scratch cover oil everywhere with tooth brushes and cotton balls! We got it looking presentable. Had to take a wire brush to the cast iron to get the layers of dust off. I'm hoping to get vintage machines up and running for each of the children. My youngest is on the extended toddler plan (has an extra chromosome so she gets to enjoy childhood a lot longer) so it isn't as pressing to get her one that works perfectly just yet, but the other two are itching to do crafts that are more complex. I don't want to unleash them on my more delicate modern machine with computerized stitching and button hole attachments etc. These vintage machines are PERFECT! Indestructable. Simple. And it will all go so well with my husband's latest dream car, a Model T touring :-). I've spent more on fabric for a quilt than I have on the 4 machines I now have that are mine (vs adopted to clean up for Mom). I love a hobby that puts us in touch with the values of yesteryear.