View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I haven't seen bamboo sold by the yard but if I did I would give it a try on a small project. As for environmentally friendly production, I guess nothing manufactured really is.
Forget where you are in this province, though if you're ever near a Len's Mill Outlet, they have it by the yard ... or at least had it when I spotted it and became intrigued.

I am going to use it sometime ... just want to learn what I can, and make the best choice as to the when!

Another project I want to do are a series of placemats using Slash the Stash method. So each will have the same fabrics, just scrambled around. And then my plan is to use a different batting for each, labelling it as such. Quilting, to be an assortment of styles, types and spacings. I figure that's as close to duplication as I can get ... and then can compare the results with continued washings.

The only problem is ... I don't like using placemats!! So I keep putting this off.
The alternative I have considered is to join them as one quilt ... though with different shrinkages, etc. I hesitate to do that!