View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Kittywolf13

Sorry. My phone typos for me. I meant to say the OTHER machine I saw was a crinkle paint job and what I presume to be a singer clone? It may have been a white or national. But I have no idea. There were no markings that I could see and I didn't want to be crawling around on the floor when the shop attendant was rather snippy already.

Yes kokeshi are Japanese dolls carved from wood and hand painted. It is an old art/tradition. They are quite cute. (I collect dolls too. Well too much really)

But since I still live at home im trying very hard to be selective of my machines. My mother is not a huge sewer or else I'd have her as an excuse. Alas I have my W&G treadle and think I would like one more treadle. A straight stitch/lock stitch. So I'm waiting for the "one" but I really enjoy the hunt as well so I'm sure there will be a few stragglers. But I totally have no room for actual treadles. so old electrics and maybe hand cranks are all I have room for. As it is I have a necchi 544 which is a giant paper weight right now because it's broken. I listed it up on Craigslist for parts but no nibbles. I'd hate to donate it (since it doesn't work) or dump it. Not sure what I should do with it. I'd love to trade it for a tlc machine that does run. But I doubt anyone would be game for that. :P