View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Caroline S

Default Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle

This machine is another find by my OJCG. He gave me a call on Saturday that he found an absolutely clean sewing machine at an estate sale and it was one I should not pass up. I think he was more excited at the find than I was. She joined the herd/hoard yesterday. I gave the usual oiling and plugged it in this morning and she purrs wonderfully.

This Dressmaster Rotary Sewing Machine was made by White Sewing Machine company in 1941, serial number 127-58671. According to the seller it was used by his mother all of the time and was well maintained. I can see that this is true. The machine is immaculate, wiring is perfect (yes, perfect), no thumps from the drive wheel, and the crinkle finish looks like new. The case has some flaws but is still very nice. The foot controller is missing the white bakelite knob but otherwise is as nice as the sewing machine.

She came with a box of rotary attachments and the instruction manual. In addition were two singer items, a very nice Singer buttonholer manual and a circular stitcher for a Singer Touch and Sew.
Attached Thumbnails tango-more-006.jpg   tango-more-008.jpg   tango-more-011.jpg   tango-more-012.jpg   tango-more-013.jpg