Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle >

Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle

Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle

Old 02-23-2014, 04:54 PM

What a beauty! I'm on the lookout for a crinkle machine.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:39 PM

hello I have a White Dressmaster and my bobbin is also on the back with the motor. I am having trouble winding a nice bobbin. UGH!. Also, I do not have a plate on the bottom of the machine. I am hoping you still check this thread, as I would love to learn more about the machine.
Thank you,
Sue

Old 04-14-2024, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
Where can I find the serial number? I have looked everywhere (except on the underneath parts) for any number that looks like it could be a serial number.

Come to find out....it DID come with a bobbin winder but it doesn't look like any bobbin winder that I've ever seen before. It's on the rear of the machine just above the motor.

It came with a manual if anyone needs a scan of it. Tomorrow I have to check out the odd looking bobbin
Hi Cathy,
I have a White Dressmaker and there is no serial number on the machine. The only numbers are on the motor, which I believe are motor numbers. My bobbin winder is directly connected tot he motor (no pulleys). Difficult to get a nice even tension bobbin, but the I stitch, I have a very nice and even stitch. So I am very happy with my first vintage sewing machine as I just began this hobby.

Will you send me a copy of the manual that you have. I believe that I am using Book 11 as it comes closes to my machine. But no manual that I have seen shows the bobbing mechanism.
Thank you ,
Sue