Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle >

Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle

Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle

Old 11-03-2012, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
​Mine does have reverse. Question for you. My 127 came with a needle in it. And for the life of me I can't read the size on it. The needle does appear to match the example in the manual. I brought the machine upstairs to give her a stitching test drive. Have you sewn with your machine?

I finished scanning the manual a short while ago. PM me your Email address I will send the manual as a PDF attachment. FYI, the manual appears to be a generic manual for rotary models 127, 159, 179, 217, 227 and 657.
Caroline,

Have I sewn with mine? Guess you missed my thread: { http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t204755.html } Yes, I've sewn with it. It sews beautifully. Very controllable, very easy to do back tacking with even though mine doesn't have a reverse . I've made both the cover in the thread and am about finished with a Whacky Bag.

It should be a 15x1 needle, that's what mine uses. Mine is a 127 M according to CD at Thayer Rags. I got a motor from him due to wiring issues. My original motor used round pegs to attach the cord block and the cord set I got used the flat spade type. So I just switched the motors.

I'll PM you.

Joe
Old 11-03-2012, 11:40 AM

Good, a 15x1 needle. I was sure hoping that it did not take one of those exotic needles that are so hard to find.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 PM

​Manual is on it's way via three separate Emails.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:54 PM

​Manual is on it's way via three separate Emails.
OK I'm waiting eagerly .

Joe
Old 11-03-2012, 04:16 PM

Default An odd stop motion for bobbin winding

I couldn't find a serial plate on my machine, yet, but I'll keep looking.

Mine has an unusual bobbin winder that I don't see in any other pics that I've found of this machine.

There is a lever on the top-back of the machine, just above the motor, that gets rotated--end to end--which then "lifts the motor pulley away from the hand wheel, disengaging the mechanism".

I hope you can see from the pics what I'm talking about. The bobbin winder spindle is the silver projection on one end of the motor. The thread goes from the spool pin (mine is missing) over the thread guide (on top of the lever) to the bobbin. When you are done winding the bobbin you just rotate the lever back to it's original position. I haven't cleaned the machine at all, yet, and she's pretty dirty
Attached Thumbnails dsc_2690.jpg   dsc_2692.jpg   dsc_2693.jpg   dsc_2696.jpg   dsc_2697.jpg  

dsc_2698.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012, 05:38 PM

Cathy,

That is very interesting. I would think a bit awkward though.

Joe
Old 12-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
I couldn't find a serial plate on my machine, yet, but I'll keep looking.

Mine has an unusual bobbin winder that I don't see in any other pics that I've found of this machine.

There is a lever on the top-back of the machine, just above the motor, that gets rotated--end to end--which then "lifts the motor pulley away from the hand wheel, disengaging the mechanism".

I hope you can see from the pics what I'm talking about. The bobbin winder spindle is the silver projection on one end of the motor. The thread goes from the spool pin (mine is missing) over the thread guide (on top of the lever) to the bobbin. When you are done winding the bobbin you just rotate the lever back to it's original position. I haven't cleaned the machine at all, yet, and she's pretty dirty
Sorry for unearthing an old thread, but one of these machines appeared at my home about ten years ago. Same brown handwheel and everything. My mother in law couldn't get it working. I looks like a brand new machine. It has a little booklet manual, so I went to work and got it going. It is super fast and makes a fine stitch. I put a standard sized Schmetz needle in it and Gutermann Sew All thread. I only have the one foot for it. So cool that you all have these up and going. Here is a short Video of my daughter plugging away on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS5t92wZf5Q And a photo:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384006[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails white.jpg  
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 PM

​Mine does have reverse. Question for you. My 127 came with a needle in it. And for the life of me I can't read the size on it. The needle does appear to match the example in the manual. I brought the machine upstairs to give her a stitching test drive. Have you sewn with your machine?

I finished scanning the manual a short while ago. PM me your Email address I will send the manual as a PDF attachment. FYI, the manual appears to be a generic manual for rotary models 127, 159, 179, 217, 227 and 657.

Caroline, I'm not sure if you'll get this reply but I just purchased a Dressmaster 127 M and would be very much interested in receiving a copy of the manual you made if you still have it. If so, please email me a copy at [email protected].

Thank you, Michael
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by mjkresko View Post
Caroline, I'm not sure if you'll get this reply but I just purchased a Dressmaster 127 M and would be very much interested in receiving a copy of the manual you made if you still have it. If so, please email me a copy at [email protected].

Thank you, Michael
Welcome Michael. Manual will be coming your way this afternoon as PDF attachments to Email.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:42 PM

I have same machine with the brown wheel. The manual said "the number of the machine which you will find stamped on name plate attached to motor". Does anyone know how old the machine are?