Thread: Arugh!! :-(
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM
LLWinston44

Default Arugh!! :-(

Waaahhhh!!! I am just so discouraged!! Im making a requested quilt for my son who is a Marine in Adghanistan. I am just having the worst time. I, of couse, want it to be perfect. The pattern I am doing is a big star (You can see my previous posts... I think it's under color help) with an applique shield in the middle. The pattern shows super bright colors, I felt that the colors that went with the theme were more, muted I guess the word is. Like browns, golds, burgandy etc. Well, the background is black. Unfortunately the colors, to ME, are too dark!!! It makes it just a dark quilt!!! I don't like it. Now, part of the problem is that I tend to be a bit... well... perfectionist. Also, I WANT it to be perfect so that it will be something he DOES love forever! I am THINKING now that I DO need bright colors but I spent SOOOO much on all the fabric I already have that I'm going to have a hard time justifiying it!! I am SO sad. I just don't know what to do. He's going to be home for Christmas I hope, and I SO want to give this to him.

Here's what I've ended up with. Please let me know what you think. This is just one of four quadrants

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370496[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails arug.jpg  

Last edited by patricej; 10-17-2012 at 08:01 AM.