Thread: Arugh!! :-(
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:16 PM
DogHouseMom

I went to look at your original post to see the pattern, and I see it now. I do have a question though.

I am assuming that the 4 blocks you have shown are the 4 in the upper left corner of the whole quilt. The star beginning to make an appearance in the block in the lower right. Assuming this is correct ....

In the pattern, the border around the star continues into the block in the upper left most corner. I should be seeing a backwards L shape of lighter color in the whole block - but I'm not seeing that in yours. Perhaps it's only this block that is upsetting your eye??? If so ... should be easy to change.

Overall as for the darkness - remember that you can't see dark without light, and visa versa. Given that the quilt is for a man, and a man in the war zone of Afghanistan ... I think the light/dark combination you hit is correct for this quilt. If you want him to have a brighter quilt, plan one for his wedding when he returns!! And more for the babies that he may bless you with in the future. For now, keep him warm - and keep him safe.