View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:55 AM
pinkCastleDH

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Joe if that 201 has been professionally worked over with a new set of wiring, it is well worth that $250 - where are you going to buy a like new machine or a new machine for that? That machine will last a very long time. If you spend that same $250 on a new plastic wonder it won't last 5 years.
Miriam - I tend to agree. Value is always subjective but if I were looking for a machine for my daily user I'd absolutely look at something like this and say 'How much would it cost me to get the same quality and features in a new machine?' If it has the features I want, the wiring is good and it's been fully serviced it would certainly worth $250 to me. Not that I'd mind getting it for less, mind you

All that being said, I'm probably willing to pay more than a lot of the people here for the same item. Generally spare time - for hunting things down, haunting garage sales/antique stores/etc... - is harder for me to come up with than spare money at the moment and I've never been particularly patient.