Thread: QAYG problem
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 02:17 PM
barri1

Default QAYG problem

Help!!!!!..
I'm not sure how to solve the problem, and I'm sure there are a couple of talented, and brainy quilters that might be able to help me..
I am making four of the same quilts for my staff. I decided to do QAYG, as I have never FMQ a big quilt, and thought it would be easier to handle.. Now I have 28 23(?) X 23(?) squares that have to be attached into four quilts.. I thought I followed the directions on my quilt, and the sashing down was very wonky.. I also didn't like the instability in the lines. I didn't square up the squares. I think that might help the problem. Then of course I came up with a problem with that.. Each of the squares is made up of 16 6" squares. I'm thinking if I square it up, I have to go around the quilt, and take off a little from each side, or the squares will look uneven? After I do that, I'm thinking I should sew the squares together with a whip stitch, and then put the sashing on top, and back, and sew it down.
If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate whatever help you can give me.
I know this is long winded, but I didn't think I would get into this much trouble..
Thanks,
Barri